I found this recipe in one of my old magazines and decided to give it a twist! It is light and not overly sweet; it makes for a great summer dessert. Please try it and let me know. Also, be sure to share your favorite summer dessert recipe!
Total Time: 4 hours 45 minutes
Active Time: 45 minutes
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
3 cups mixed berries (I used blueberries & blackberries)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 Lemon (For juice ONLY)
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese (room temperature)
1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups of cold heavy cream
1 package of lemon crème cookies (I used the Great Value brand)
1. Toss 1 cup of strawberries & mixed berries with 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar & the juice of half a lemon; set aside to macerate (at least 30 minutes)
2. Puree 1 cup of mixed berries until smooth. (The remaining berries will be used for the topping)
3. Beat the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, & juice of half a lemon in a large bowl until mixture becomes fluffy. Add the heavy cream and beat until peaks form. Take half of the whipped cream and mix with the pureed berries.
4. Cover a loaf pan in plastic wrap. Spread a thin layer of the plain whipped cream into the pan. (Refrigerate the remaining cream for the topping)
5. Place a single layer of the cookies on the bottom of the pan. (I split the cookies in half, but do whatever you would like) Spread a layer of the berry whipped cream, and then top with the macerated berries. Then proceed with another layer of cookies, cream, & berries. Finish with a layer of cookies. Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours.
6. Toss the remaining berries with the lemon juice & sugar mixture. Allow them to soak while the cake chills.
7. Uncover the cake and flip in onto a plate. Top it with the remaining cream and macerated berries! & Enjoy!
It is great with a cup of lemonade or coffee!