If you’re anything like me, my fur babies are like children to me. When I come home from a long day of work, they (Max & Beau) are happily awaiting my arrival with puppy kisses and the expectation of treats! When it comes to their special day, I treat them like I would a child’s birthday–presents and cake included!
My sweet Max’s birthday was the week before he had a tumor removed (more about that later), so I wanted to make it extra special! Unfortunately, my boy has some pretty terrible allergies, and I am slowly removing triggers from his diet. So for his cake, it had to be grain-free! The following is my take on a grain-free puppy cake! By the way, if you want a bite too, go for it! It’s 100% human-safe too!
1 cup of natural peanut butter
2 small mashed bananas
1/2 cup of coconut or almond flour
1/4 cup of cottage cheese
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1-2 teaspoons of natural honey
1 package of cream cheese
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Butter or line a 9 x 13 baking pan
3. In a large bowl, mix all the cake ingredients
4. Bake for about 20 minutes
5. In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, oil, and peanut butter until smooth.
6. After the cake has cooled, cut it in half.
7. Spread the icing between both layers and around the cake until smooth.
8. Decorate with candles and Milkbone treats!
My lovely Beau is enjoying his brother’s cake!