As an aspiring cook, I love…no, obsess over all things kitchen-gadget related. After seeing a demonstration of a vegetable slicer, I decided it was going on my wish list. The Deluxe Cook V-Blade Vegetable Slicer is everything an at-home chef needs with several options for all your cooking needs.
I decided to test the V-Blade while creating a simple side dish for an easy Sunday dinner. The V-Blade was easy to assemble and use right out of the box, though i do recommend washing it!
It comes with four cutting plates that cut the following:
3.5mm slices (as seen in my video review)
My one complaint is that the slicer does NOT include a detailed manual on how to assemble, use, and clean. The majority of the directions are located directly on the box. It only took me about 5 minutes to master the art of using the vegetable slicer. By the way, the box warns only to use the slicer on vegetables and fruits. I was hoping to slice some cheese, but I did not attempt after reading the directions.
I had no trouble slicing the zucchini and squash, but my tomato was slightly too big for the hand guard making it more difficult for slicing. I would think that Roma tomatoes would slice perfectly!
If you’d like to see the Deluxe Cook V-Blade in action, checkout my video review below. Also, keep reading for the scrumptious recipe!
Zucchini, Squash, & Tomato Dish
1 Large Tomato
1/4 pound of fresh Mozzarella
2 Tablespoons of Italian Seasoning
4 Tablespoons of Olive oil or Avocado oil
- Using the Deluxe Cook V-Blade, slice the squash, zucchini, and tomato into 3.5mm slices.
- Arrange the slice in a glass baking dish, alternating between the three veggies.
- Between each group of squash, zucchini, and tomato, include a slice of fresh Mozzarella.
- Coat the vegetables and cheese with the olive or avocado oil.
- Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
* The owner of this site is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog/website receives compensation for our posts and content, or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this site are purely the webmasters’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.